Zamfirescu Racoți Vasile and Partners Attorneys at Law and ZRVP TAX S.R.L.
1. Preliminary Matters
The requirements for the processing of personal data are observed by Zamfirescu Racoți Vasile & Partners Attorneys at Law and ZRVP TAX S.R.L. (hereinafter referred to as “ZRVP”) in accordance with the security provisions on processing of personal data indicated in (EU) Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”).
Both at the moment when the processing means are established and during the processing itself, ZRVP shall act diligently and shall apply all necessary technical and organizational measures to guarantee and prove at any moment that personal data are processed by compliance with the applicable legal provisions.
ZRVP shall take all necessary actions to ensure that, implicitly, only personal data strictly necessary for each specific purpose of the processing are processed.
Personal data means any information regarding an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Our personal data processing policy describes the modality in which we will collect and process our clients’, prospective clients’, prospective employees’, prospective collaborators’ personal data and applies to all personal data collected on our website, www.zrvp.ro, as well as to all personal data we collect by e-mail or by any other means of communication by which such data are going to be processed.
We can also collect information regarding your preferences by using the above-mentioned website, when you request information from us or when we are retained or of other nature or as a result of the relation you have with us.
2. Personal Data Processing Principles
Personal data processing by ZRVP is based on the following principles:
- Lawfulness, fairness and transparency – your personal data will be processed “lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner”;
- Purpose limitation – your data will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
- Data minimization – any collection of personal data will be very well analyzed before the actual request for the data we are going to process, which shall be relevant and strictly limited to what is absolutely necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- Information accuracy – data controllers must take every step to ensure the validity of personal data, and the ones proven inaccurate shall be erased or rectified without delay;
- Storage limitation – personal data shall be stored exclusively for the period for which they are necessary for assumed processing. Longer storage periods are exceptions associated to public archiving activities, research or statistics;
- Integrity and confidentiality – personal data shall be processed securely, this including “protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures”.
3. Purpose and Processing of Personal Data Based on the Obtained Consent
Your personal data shall be used in the following situations:
3.1 ZRVP’s Relation with Their Clients or Prospective Clients (including the client’s or prospective clients’ employees and collaborators)
We use your personal data for preparation and rendering of the requested services. In this case, the legal ground for personal data processing is the performance of the legal assistance agreement concluded by and between ZRVP and our client or prospective client.
In addition to the above, your data will be processed, inter alia, for the communication by e-mail, correspondence, by phone, by video transmission, VoIP or by any other means of communication by which the answers to your requests, the materials prepared during the disputes, negotiations, general assistance, as well as any other answer or request within the collaboration or possible collaboration with ZRVP will be transmitted. In this case personal data processing will rely on the legitimate interest for the rendering of our services depending on the area of expertise or contractual relation.
We can process your personal data also in the context of provision of the services based on legal obligations or obligations imposed by the legal provisions governing the legal profession (the form that must be filled in for the “know your customer” procedure), in this case the legal obligation represents the ground for the personal data processing.
The categories of personal data processed in the relation between you and ZRVP are your name, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, address, as well as other personal data you may communicate to us.
3.2 ZRVP’s Relation with Candidates for Jobs at ZRVP
We use personal data from the CVs we receive to assess the candidates’ qualifications for occupying a certain position in ZRVP. Students who apply for traineeships organized by ZRVP are also subject to personal data processing. Personal data processing derives from the necessity to conclude and perform the agreement between the parties.
The categories of personal data processed in such cases are name, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, domicile address, education and professional training data, professional qualifications, as well as other personal data that you may provide by CV or directly. Personal data of candidates, including students applying for traineeships, shall be processed for a period of maximum 2 (two) years calculated as of receipt of CVs /requests.
3.3 ZRVP’s Relation with Visitors of ZRVP’s Offices
We use your personal data for securing our la firm’s offices, assets and personnel. In this case, the processing ground is ZRVP’s legitimate interest to protect our law firm’s offices, assets and personnel. The categories of personal data processed in this context are related to names and other personal data you may provide us with directly.
3.4 ZRVP’s Website Users
We use the personal data collected from you when accessing our website, www.zrvp.ro, to monitor traffic and improve our website traffic. The ground for the data processing consists in our legitimate interest to provide adequate functioning of ZRVP’s website, its improvement, as well as to give any user the possibility to access certain sections of the website. The categories of personal data that are processed in this context consist in the IP address (associated with the time and date of website accessing).
3.5 General Considerations
In addition to the above, we would like to mention that ZRVP will process your data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner, the purposes for which we will use these data being well-determined, more exactly for the preparation and offering of the high-end services you expect from us
We can also use your contact data for providing you with our newsletters on the legislative novelties, case law and articles published by us, participation in conferences, only if you have given your express consent by filling in the “Consent Form”. In this case, the purpose of the processing of your personal data will be the marketing one.
Your consent may be withdrawn at any moment, by checking off the option “I no longer want to receive this news” when you receive such e-mail or to send an e-mail to the address email@example.com
In all cases, the data are provided directly by you following expression of your consent.
ZRVP requests you to supply all categories of personal data, exclusively for the above-mentioned purposes, for the performance of our current business and for the provision of our services.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
As a rule, your personal data shall not be disclosed to third parties. Nevertheless, if it is in your interest and only if this becomes necessary, we shall disclose the relevant personal data to the courts of law and to the arbitration commissions or relevant authorities, in the context of provision of the services you have requested.
5. Personal Data Storage Period
Your personal data shall be stored during the validity period of the legal assistance agreement and afterwards, in accordance with our internal policies and legal obligations.
If the data are not stored based on a contractual relation, such data shall be kept as long as necessary in order to achieve the purpose of their processing pursuant to the applicable legal provisions.
In the case of candidates and students applying for traineeships at ZRVP, your personal data shall be stored for a period of maximum 2 (two) years.
6. Your Rights
ZRVP ensures the observance of the rights granted to the data subjects under the GDPR, among which:
- right of access – allows you to obtain the relevant details for the personal data processing;
- right to rectification – allows you to rectify your personal data, if inaccurately processed;
- right to be forgotten – allows you the erasure of your personal data in certain cases (for example if the data are no longer necessary for the purpose for which they have been collected);
- right to restriction of processing – allows you to obtain the restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain cases (for example, when you challenge the accuracy of your personal data, for a period allowing us to verify such accuracy);
- right to object – allows you to object to the further processing of your personal data in the conditions and within the limits of the law;
- right to data portability – allows you to receive the personal data referring to you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit those data to another controller.
In addition to the above, we would like to inform you that you are entitled to file complaints with the National Data Protection Supervisory Authority of Romania, should you consider that the processing of your personal data breaches the legal provisions.
This confidentiality policy may be updated from time to time. When updated, a pop-up window will appear on ZRVP’s website and such pop-up window shall contain the link that will send to the amendments of ZRVP’s confidentiality policy.