Committed to helping our clients achieve their commercial goals, Zamfirescu Racoti Vasile & Partners delivers high-quality advice and effective business solutions wherever competition and antitrust issues arise. Laws are rapidly evolving and companies face new risks and challenges in keeping up with the complex and changing rules.
This highly regulated environment creates a dangerous operating climate for businesses and requires sophisticated antitrust counsel, knowledge of local practices, and comprehensive expertise across the major antitrust disciplines of mergers, cartel, and conduct investigations, as well as litigation.
Our competition practice offers unrivalled expertise in national and EU competition law matters and counsel on the full scope of antitrust and competition law issues.
- Agreements between competitors
- Antitrust and competition – related dispute resolution and litigation
- Cartel investigations
- Competition Council investigations
- Competition law analysis of distribution or agency business models
- Competition and regulation (network access, licensing, price regulation, liberalization)
- Compliance due diligence and assistance in competition risk assessment
- Economic concentration authorisation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Mixed companies and partnership structures
- Prevention and support in cartel investigations
- Public procurement
- Trade regulation
- Trainings and competition audits
Examples of our work include assistance to:
- One of the largest aluminium producers in Central and Eastern Europe during the investigations conducted by the European Commission (EC) in respect to its contracts with Romania’s electricity generator. Following an in-depth investigation, the EC concluded that electricity supply contracts signed by the state-owned Romanian electricity generator with our client did not involve state aid within the meaning of the EU rules.
- The world’s leading manufacturer of wood-based panels in an investigation opened by the Competition Council on a possible breach of the national and EU competition law on the market of wood processing;
- A leading consumer payments company related to investigations initiated by the Competition Council against the mobile telecommunication operators and the undertakings involved in the distribution chain on the market of distribution of prepaid mobile telephony products, having as object the possible infringement of Romanian competition law and of the provisions of the Treaty on the functioning of the European Union.
ZRVP’ competitive advantage derives from our excellent legal training, combined with strong experience and high standards of professional practice. Our lawyers offer hands-on specialist advice, encompassing compliance and prevention programs, assistance in dawn raids or representation in front of the authorities and the courts.
While employed by one Romanian competition authority, the coordinator of the competition practice, Elena Iacob, was involved in the process of creation of the Romanian competition legislation harmonized with EU acquis communautaire in the framework of Romania’s accession to EU and in various investigations carried out by competition inspectors.
One of our advantages is that the firm combines topnotch advisory services with recognized litigation skills.
ZRVP advises international and domestic clients, global corporations, large international financial and investment institutions in various competition projects while also serving many small and medium-sized establishments.