Sofia has significant experience in national and international arbitration matters, with a focus on construction arbitration and ICSID arbitration. She is specialized in ICC and VIAC arbitral proceedings, and acts as counsel in arbitration cases before the Bucharest Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania.
She regularly advises and assists clients on matters related to construction disputes, including FIDIC contracts, post-privatization related disputes, and administrative contentious claims.
Sofia is an arbitrator with the Bucharest International Court of Arbitration attached to the Romanian Chamber of Commerce.
- International Commercial Arbitration
- ICSID Arbitration, ICC and VIAC Arbitration
- Construction Arbitration and Litigation
- Administrative Contentious Litigation
- BA in Law, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest ǀ 2005
- BA in Economics, Faculty of Business Administration in German Language, Academy for Economic Studies, Bucharest ǀ 2007
- MA in International Commercial Arbitration, Queen Mary University of London ǀ 2013
- PhD Student in International Commercial Arbitration, Faculty of Law, University of Bucharest, ǀ 2020
- National Association of Romanian Bars
- Dolj Court of Arbitration (Arbitrator, President)
- The Court of International Commercial Arbitration attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania (Arbitrator)
- Permanent Court of Arbitration of the Romanian-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (Arbitrator)