Young Arbitration Practitioners Talk: Success Strategies For a Career in International Arbitration
Club Español del Arbitraje Romania Chapter
Young arbitrator Violeta Saranciuc joined an online interactive talk, organized by Club Español del Arbitraje Romania Chapter, about study opportunities & specialized post-graduate programs, networking, and career in international arbitration.
Together with Iuliana Iancu (Partner, Hanotiau & van den Berg, Bruxelles) and Andreea Nica (Lawyer with the Bucharest and Geneva Bar), Violeta Saranciuc shared some advice as to which skills and experiences may help find a job, launch a career in international arbitration and make a name in the international arbitration community.
Main points of discussion focused on tips on:
- Legal skills needed as an indispensable basis for success;
- Proficiency in foreign languages – crucial in international dispute resolution;
- Employers in international arbitration;
- Specialized post-graduate programs in international arbitration – competitive advantage or mandatory study?
- Gaining experience by observing more senior lawyers;
- Networking opportunities, gaining visibility and building a personal brand in international arbitration.