Fast-paced changes in tax policy and legislation mean businesses must have an up-to-date view of how tax affects their operations and keep their tax strategies under close review.
Zamfirescu Racoți Vasile & Partners and ZRP Tax S.R.L. (our affiliated tax consultancy firm) offer integrated legal and tax assistance services on varied tax issues arising on complex transactions, contentious tax matters and corporate tax policy issues. Our tax team comprises both lawyers who have accumulated significant experience in fiscal litigations and experienced tax consultants who provide clients with robust commercial solutions and comprehensive legal advice covering all areas of tax law including planning, investigations and litigation services.
The tax team has considerable experience handling matters for a diverse client base, including multinational corporations and domestic companies of all sizes, financial institutions and emerging companies.
- Advice and assistance on any tax-related matters (e.g. direct or indirect taxes, local taxes, personal taxation)
- Amendment of commercial agreements for the purpose of optimizing the tax treatment of local or cross-border transactions
- Assessing the impact of changes in tax legislation upon the clients’ business model
- Asset finance
- Assistance during tax controls
- Assistance in relation with mergers and spin-offs
- Assistance in relation to binding tax rulings and advance pricing arrangements
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Identifying advantages and risks of various business options and management decisions
- Identifying tax planning strategies, including international tax structuring services
- Transfer pricing services
- Tax compliance
- Tax disputes and fiscal litigation
- Tax due diligence and transaction assistance
- Tax reviews
Examples of our recent work include assistance to:
- A natural person in a tax dispute involving VAT charged for buildings’ transfer, with a value of around 200 million RON;
A large state-owned company involved in thermal energy generation in its tax dispute involving profit tax and VAT, with a value of around 900 million RON;
- A private company involved in oil infrastructure development in its tax dispute involving social contributions and income tax, with a value of around 70 million RON;
- One of the largest multinational traders of grains in its tax dispute involving profit tax and VAT, with a value of around 15 million RON;
- A private multinational company involved in production and trading of fuel (gas, petrol and diesel) in its tax dispute involving excises with a value of around 8 million RON.