Insurance Law is a practice that has seen continuous growth in the past years.
Our dedicated team has experience in representing both top insurance companies in Romania and individual policyholders and business owners in multimillion-euro claims deriving from all kind of insurance policies (compulsory insurance against civil liability for the damage caused by vehicles, malpractice policies, directors and officers liability policies, property insurance, performance bond securities etc.). The team also advises on drawing up policy conditions, coverage and provides assistance during pre-trial negotiations and mediation meetings to reach amicable settlements.
- All range of insurance and reinsurance related disputes
- Policy drafting and interpretation
- Coverage opinions
- Legal assistance provided to loss adjusters in preparing indemnification reports
- Liability negotiation/mediation
- Insurance recovery from third parties – recourse
Examples of our recent work include assistance to:
- One of the largest quality insurers on the Romanian market in multiple claim files initiated by beneficiaries of the compulsory insurance against civil liability for the damage caused by vehicles (RCA) resulting in the exoneration of the client from compensations consisting of moral damages exceeding 10 million euro.
- Two large insurance companies in more than 130 challenges filed against the decisions issued by the Romanian Policyholders Guarantee Fund by which it rejected the claims based on the recourse right for the compensation paid by the insurance companies to their own clients on the basis of the voluntary insurance policy (CASCO).