Growing environmental awareness is changing the operational standards of companies. From emissions trading to harnessing clean and renewable energy sources, sustainable business initiatives are gaining ground in all industries. At the same time, accountability standards are rising higher and sanctions growing more severe, creating greater repercussions for noncompliance.
Our lawyers advise clients on administrative proceedings, litigation, enforcement, and legislative matters. The team has an on-the-ground understanding of legislative and regulatory developments of environmental law at national and European level. ZRVP draws on broad experience to handle all types of complex environmental, resources, occupational health and safety, toxic tort, and product safety issues for clients across industries.
- Environment authorizations
- Energy and carbon emissions regimes
- Environmental and health and safety regulation
- Environmental issues in M&A and financing transactions
- General waste management regulations and special regulations on various types of waste
- Investigations and prosecutions
- Land use
- Operational compliance
- Permitting requirements and regulatory approvals
- Remediation programs
Examples of our recent work include assistance to:
- One of the largest kosher food manufacturer in assessing environmental, sanitary veterinary, food safety and other farming-specific regulatory matters relevant for its production line in Romania;
- The world’s leading supplier of sustainable insulation solutions on determining the strategy and counselling regarding all major application areas in both residential and non-residential buildings in contesting a decision issued by the local environmental controlling authority;
- An independent, time-critical logistics specialist serving the airline industry at more than 200 airport locations across 6 continents concerning various environmental matters in acquisition of a Romanian grounding handling operator, including drafting appropriate language in the acquisition agreement and assisting in the implementation of environmental formalities related to the acquisition before and after closing;
- One of the largest hospitals in Romania regarding the implementation of the project „Neutralization of dangerous clinical waste deriving from medical activity”, the project being financed within the framework of the
- Sectoral Operational Programme Environment, Priority Axis 2 „Development of Integrated Waste Management Systems and Rehabilitation of Historically Contaminated Sites;
- One of the largest vertically integrated aluminium producers in Europe regarding assessment on environmental and water management permits and authorizations for waste dump closure and concerning liability for historical pollution, as part of the due diligence analyses.